Monday, August 10, 2009

Maxis Toastmaster Club Humor & Speech Evaluation Contest - 4 Aug 09


I was first introduced to toastmaster when I had dinner with a close friend, Wong@Aiman and a colleague of his, Azlan Supian. His enthusiasm about Tony Robbins and active involvement with Maxis Toastmaster caught my attention. I planned to further expose myself and visit Maxis Toastmaster, as at that time, Maxis meeting was held right next door, in the Maxis Tower.

Well, that was two years ago. A year later, I was re-introduced to Toastmaster by the MCOBA clan, which led to the setup of our very own PETRONAS DDYPC Toastmaster Club.

Now after two or so years, I was invited again to the roots of all beginning: Maxis TMC for the Humor & Speech Evaluation Contest. So obviously, it brought great memories to me about my so-called ‘discovery’ into toastmaster.

There wasn’t many that I know, but I do recognize a good friend, Maxis TMC Past President, Benny Tan. The Organising Chair, Peter Loh was also warm enough for meet and greet. But there were of course some other very good friend: Hakim Hamzah, Sabariah Jusoh, Almunirah Anuar, Ganesh Sangaran, and my very own club member, Muaz Azman.

What turn out to be more interesting was the fact that Maxis TMC is also one of those targeted clubs for the PETRONAS scholars to reside and complete their so-called KPI to PETRONAS. You see, ALL PETRONAS scholars are required to sign up for a toastmaster club and complete a certain no of speech requirement as part of their scholarship deal. A great way to ensure that the scholars are not just smart, but can speak confidently as well.

I particularly liked Munirah, a scholar who was brave enough to take part in the humor contest and went on to tell us jokes during the break… Extremely like her confidence!

Benny who talked about losing his luggage during a trip to Bangkok was crowned champion, while the very easy-going Wan won the Speech Evaluation contest. Indeed a great challenger for the coming contest.

The complete listing of all the winners are as follows:

The winners of Maxis TMC Humorous Speech Contest
Champion: Benny Tan
1st runner-up : Nurul Asyiqin
2nd runner-up: Nurmunirah

The winners of Speech Evaluation Contest
Champion: Wan Chee Weng
1st runner-up : Benny Tan

Congratulations all. Will definitely visit again :D.

suhanasidik @ toastmistrez.blogspot.com

Some pictures:


Some very impressive awards.


Some very eager audience.


Benny, myself and Almunirah.


Congrats Benny. Not bad eh. Winner for the Humor Contest, and the 1st Runner Up for Evaluation.


Chief Judge, Hakim Hamzah receiving certs from Org Chair, Peter Loh


Myself taking photo op with the PETRONAS scholars. Munira on the left side.


Winners. Congrats!



Some other role players


Maxis TMC members and guests

Great job guys!

1 comment:

  1. I hope so...
    If only I live in KL.
    :D
    Keep up the good work. You are very passionate about it.
    -dayat

    ReplyDelete